The Michigan Republican Party has an immediate opening for an entry level research analyst position. The research analyst will assist with the daily operations of the research and communications department of the Michigan Republican Party. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, hard-working and eager to learn about campaigns and politics. The individual must possess strong writing and research skills with high attention to detail. The individual must be comfortable and driven to work to elect Republican candidates and promote a conservative platform and causes. The individual must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily media monitoring, including social media
- State and federal legislation and policy analysis
- Local government and public records analysis
- Write issue and policy briefs
- Track political and candidate events
- Campaign finance analysis
- Assist in other departments as necessary
Preferred skills qualifications
- Strong writing and research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of the political and legislative process
- Understanding of state and federal legislation
- Willingness to work the occasional late night or weekend
- Eager to work outside of your comfort zone and assigned duties to be a team player to accomplish party goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with Lexis Nexis and other research database systems a plus
The Michigan Republican Party is accepting applications for a variety of positions. If you're interested in working for the Michigan Republican Party, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.