Throughout the course of the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump and his administration have ensured that America’s healthcare providers have all the resources necessary as they fight this virus on the front lines.
“I would like to thank our medical professionals who are on the frontlines of the fight against this invisible enemy, and President Trump and his administration for giving them the tools they need to win that fight.” said Laura Cox, Michigan Republican Party Chairman. Cox continued, “The president has kept his promise to spare no resource in this fight and the whole-of-government approach is working to get the American people the aid they need.”
- The President has extended the White House and CDC guidelines to slow the spread until April 30.
- President Trump signed legislation providing $100 billion for our nation’s healthcare providers, including hospitals on the frontlines of this outbreak.
- The President took action so his Administration could waive certain laws and regulations in order to give healthcare providers maximum flexibility.
- CMS issued regulatory changes to help increase hospital capacity, expand the healthcare workforce, and cut paperwork so doctors can focus on patients.
- The Administration lifted HIPAA penalties to enable healthcare providers to expand telehealth access for patients.
- Over 1.8 million tests have been conducted nationwide. No nation has developed a more robust testing capacity.
- 1,200 Abbott Machines have been shipped to hospitals nationwide and 500 more are being produced weekly.
- The Army Corps of Engineers is building 22 field hospitals and alternate care sites in 18 states.
- The facilities can support more than 15,000 beds to treat patients in need.
- More than 8,000 ventilators have been sent from the national stockpile to states.
- 110,000 more ventilators are arriving in the coming days.
- FEMA and HHS have directly distributed 11.7 million N95 respirators, 26.5 million surgical masks, 5.3 million face shields, 4.4 million surgical gowns, and 22.6 million gloves. 22.6 million gloves.
- 27 Project Airbridge flights – carrying much needed supplies - are scheduled for the near future.
- 5 planes are scheduled to arrive today.